Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The last coffee

Ok, I have food issues for sure. Maybe I'm a bit hard on myself. But the past two weeks have been extreme, I had like two candy bars or some kind of sweet. Yesterday was probably the the first day in two weeks (probably more) that I had a day without sweets. I did have a ton of bread though. In fact  I had bread all throughout the day. I've been reading 'wheat belly which has me convinced that wheat is... evil. Anywho, today was much better, unfortunately I did have two cups of coffee which I didn't plan on but the sugar fix got the best of me.
I also just watched 'sick, fat and nearly dead', so I think I'll go on a juice fast Insha Allah this week coming starting on Monday. It should jump start my health, clean up my skin and help me lose some weight. Actually this could be very good for me because this Friday (or Saturday) will be the first of Dhul Hijjah. So not taking an even further step to not focus on food is probably a good idea. The guy who made the film, which is now a whole movement, recommends first going 5 days and then extending is able. Insha Allah this will be good for my mind, body and spirit. I really need to release myself from my attachment to sugar and all other nasty processed food. The closer we are to whole foods is the closer we are to God's original creation and maybe it will even bring us closer to God.

No comments: